Personal certificate1. Sign-up and you will get a personal certificate to access your control panel. (It's installed in your browser)
Never ever loose it - so back it up:
In Opera: "Settings" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "Security" -> "Manage Certificates" -> "Personal". Click on "Export" and choose a name for this backup file. Make sure to choose the .p12 for PKCS12 extension, not the default .usr.
Do not let it to expire, it'll screw up your login. Don't say I didn't tell you.
(Go to control panel in www.startssl.com, click Authenticate, click Certificate Wizards, and click renew S/MIME authenticate certificate).
If you failed and it is expired (1 year)
- Remove an expired certificate from your browser
- Go to https://xdev.me/_s/img/wiki/external-link-ltr-icon.png); padding-right: 13px; background-position: 100% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;">https://www.startssl.com and sign up for a new account. Use the same email address you used on the expired personal certificate and do not add any domains or anything other than creating and backing up your new certificate.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them that your old personal cert expired and that you created a new one. Provide them with the email address used for the certificate.
- Wait for them to respond telling you that the accounts were merged successfully (a few minutes in my case)
- Once the accounts are merged, you can log in using your new personal certificate and all your server certs should show on your new account.